Sunday, 4 December 2011
2012 150+ Reading Challenge
My Overstuffed Bookshelf has seen too many 100 book challenges so she is going to even bigger. I am up for the challenge this coming year!
Here's more info about the challenge:
Last year was my first year hosting the 100+ Reading Challenge. I noticed a TON of blogs are hosting it this year, so I thought I would up the challenge. For me 100 books is not a problem to read for one year. I know there are a lot of people out there who can read more than the base line of 100.
So....this year I am not only challenging myself, I am going to challenge you to read even more this year!
The goal is to reach 150+ books for this challenge? Now don't get discouraged! I know 150 books or more sounds like a lot. When you read the rules below though, you will find that it is quite easy to reach 150 books.
Don't be shy! Come sign up and spread the word! The challenge doesn't officially start until January 1rst, 2012 but I wanted to get it set up before the holidays are upon us. This should give you plenty of time to get yourself geared up for this challenge increase!
1. The goal is to read 150 or more books. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate. Posting on GoodReads or wherever you post your reviews is good enough.
2. Allowed are: Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Manga, Graphic Novels, Library books, Novellas, Young Reader, Nonfiction – as long as the book has an ISBN or equivalent or can be purchased as such, the book counts.
What doesn't count: Individual short stories or individual books in the Bible and comic books.
3. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
4. Crossovers from other reading challenges count.
5. Challenge begins January 1st, 2012 thru December 31, 2012. Books started before the 1st do not count. You can join at anytime.
6. When you sign up under Linky, put the direct link to your post where your books will be listed. Include the URL to this post so that other viewers can find this fun challenge. If you’d prefer to put your list in the sidebar of your blog, please leave your viewers the link to the sign up page. Again, so viewers can join the challenge too.