Saturday 8 November 2014

The Ho-Ho-Ho Read-a-thon Goals (Revised 11/8)


BookShelfery - HoHoHo Readathon


I thought this read-a-thon started yesterday so I'm posting a day late. The Ho-Ho-Ho Read-a-thon is hosted by BookShelfery and Caffienated Book Reviewer. Here is more info:

Read-a-thon Rules
  • For this read-a-thon you must read holiday themed or winter setting reads.
  • Link-up Before or on November 6th post a goals post to your blog. (if you do not have a blog post to another social media site such as Goodreads, Tumblr, Facebook, Google+ etc ) Be sure and link back to Caffeinated Book Reviewer and BookShelfery 
  • Grab the button and share ! 
  • Participate in at least one challenge to be eligible for grand prize 
  • Tweet your progress using #HoHoHoRAT 
  • Twitter Party! Sunday November 9, 2014 at 4pm (EST) chatting and prizes to be had. 
  • Challenge schedule and Grand Prize widget and rules will post on November 6th by 8 am (EST) 
  • Read-a-thon starts on November 6th 12:o1 am (your time zone) and ends on November 11 at 11:59 pm(your time zone) 
  • Challenges will be open from 8 am (EST) on the 6th and remain open until Nov 11th at 11:59 pm (EST) 
  • Grand Prize Raffle will be open until November 13th at 11:59 pm (EST) to allow you to submit entries. 
  • All winners of challenges and grand prize will be notified by November 15th.
The Ho-Ho-Ho Mini Challenges

Bea @ Bea’s Book Nook “Word Scramble Challenge”
Trish@ Between the Lines “Name That Book”
Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts “Holiday Wish Challenge”
April @ My Shelf Confessions “Ho-Ho-Ho Read-a-thon Puzzle”
Melissa & Truffles @ Mochas, Mysteries and Meows  “Christmas Truffles’ Purr-fect Holiday Reading List Challenge”
Ginny @ Gin’s Book Notes “Build a Snowman Challenge”
Jennifer @The Book Nympho “Holiday Reading Selfie”

My Goals for The Ho-Ho-Ho Read-a-thon

Goal #1 Read A Winter's Tale by Mark Heprin. 
Now this book is far from a novella (see the Novella Novermber Challenge) but I have been planning on reading it for a few weeks now. I was worried I would have to put it off even longer so was really happy winter themed books are allowed.


Goal #1 Read as many Christmas and winter books as I can especially novellas

I made it to page 210 of Winter's Tale and thought I was going to lose my mind. It's not an easy read at all. I wasn't enjoying it. I may pick it up again in the new year but I have other books that are more of a priority.

At the top of my list is the recently released novella The Christmas Cat by Melody Carlson.

No comments:

Post a Comment