Thursday 16 October 2014

My Reading Goals for the Wonderfully Wicked and Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thons


There are two upcoming read-a-thons that conviently overlap. I will be tweeting throughout these read-a-thons so please follow me @magicbookreview to see my progress!

The first is the Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-thon which is hosted by My Shelf Confessions. This is a low pressure read-a-thon with no book reqirements. It last's from October 17-27. You can sign up anytime here anytime before Oct 25 and still participate. Reading starts tonight at midnight! Use the hashtag #wwreadathon on social media.

My Reading Goals for the Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-thon:

Read at least three books.
Book 1: Read the advanced copy I received of Santa's Little Helper by H.D. Gordon.
Book 2: Read a Stephen King book. (I haven't yet decided which one.)
Book 3: Read a book that is part of a reading challenge I have signed up for.


Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon is great fun but the opposite of low pressure because you only have one full day to reach your reading goals! There are mini-challenges and prizes throughout the challenge. The read-a-thon is on October 18 but the start times are not simply midnight to midnight. Sign up for the read-a-thon here. If you don't want to participate as a reader but want to support those who have there is also a cheerleader sign up. Hashtags include #Readathon #Dewey #MiniChallenge #RahRahReadathon1

My Reading Goals for Dewey's Read-a-thon:

1. Finish reading Santa's Little Helper by H.D. Gordon if I haven't already done so.
2. Read several short stories.
3. When I've finished Santa's Little Helper, read the Stephen King book.

On top of doing these read-a-thons, I'm also trying to prepare for NaNoWriMo so I'm not putting too much pressure on myself but I think reading is a great way to get in the mindset for writing a novel, so it's really a win-win.

*Update*
There's another read-a-thon! I just discovered the Reading Cram 2.0: Chills and Thrills Readathon! This read-a-thon is Oct 24 - 31. I think since I will be partway through the Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-thon I'll see where I'm at and choose my reading goals then.

No comments:

Post a Comment