Monday 29 September 2014

FrightFall Read-a-thon Kickoff Post and Goals


I have had a very unproductive month of reading this past September so the FrightFall Read-a-thon hosted by Seasons of Reading is just the kick in the pants that I need.

I've found that I am far more productive if I set goals at the beginning of a read-a-thon so here are mine:

1. Finish reading The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation Book 1) by Pembroke Sinclair. This was a requested review that is long overdue. The book is about demons so it fits in with the theme of the FrightFall Read-a-thon.

2. Read The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris. This book received the most votes in my What's Next post.

3. I have Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn on hold at my library. I never paid much attention to the book until I saw the movie trailer (I love Ben Affleck). Since then I have been practically foaming at the mouth to read the book. I'm #2 in the library queue but I may just decide to buy it if it doesn't become available in time. 

These are some pretty ambitious goals, especially for me. But I want to get the requested review finished and make up for this unproductive month. I'll be tweeting about my progress on Twitter @magicbookreview using the hashtag #FrightFall.

No comments:

Post a Comment