Wednesday, 26 December 2012
2013 Nerdy Non-fiction Reading Challenge
Yes! Another nonfiction challenge! Here's more info about this challenge:
Welcome to the 2013 Nerdy Non-Fiction Challenge!!
Last year I got the urge to read more non-fiction books after all that dystopian and fantasy I read, so I created this challenge to help motivate me to do just that in 2013.
If you want to participate, feel free. If there's another non-fiction challenge going on that you would rather do, then go for it! My goal here is really just to encourage you all to read more non-fiction this year. I'm hoping to pick at least 10 of the categories and read both an adult and a children's book in each category. We'll see how it goes.
Geek: 4-6 books in at least 2-3 different categories
Dork: 7-10 books in at least 4-5 different categories
Dweeb: 11- 14 books in at least 6-7 different categories
Nerd: 15+ books in at least 8+ different categories
* Health, Medicine, Fitness, Wellness * History- US, World, European, etc. * Religion, Spirituality, Philosophy * Technology, Engineering, Computers, etc. * Business, Finance, Management * Sports, Adventure * Food- Cookbooks, Cooks, Vegan Vegetarianism, etc. * Autobiography, Biography, Memoir * Art, Photography, Architecture * Music, Film, TV * Self Improvement, Self Help, How To * Home, Garden * Science-Nature, Weather, Biology, Geology * Anthropology, Archaeology * Animals-Insects, Mammals, Dinosaurs, etc. * Family, Relationships, Parenting, Dating, Love * Crime, Law * Poetry, Theatre * Politics, Government, Current Affairs * Literary Criticism/Theory * Cultural Studies * Travel * Crafts
* It is not necessary to pick your categories ahead of time, but try not to read more than two books in each category so you can broaden your horizons.
* The categories I listed are just suggestions. If you have a different category you'd like to add, let me know!
* When you write about the challenge or read/review a book, come back here and link up or leave a comment and tell me what you read and what you thought of it.
* If you're participating in a different non-fiction challenge, please feel free to still link up. It's always fun to see what other people have read in the different non-fiction categories.